Broccoli slaw is like coleslaw, only without all the fattening parts of it. Just pure vegetables and health sunbeams. If that’s not convincing enough, here’s 10 reasons you should start eating broccoli slaw and never go back to your old ways of not eating it
and probably being miserable.
1. It’s crunchy and delicious, not to mention delightfully colored.
2. It’s an excellent alternative to croutons
3. It’s great at satisfying crunchy snack cravings
4. Clinically proven to make you fabulously wealthy and adored by peasants
5. It makes salads taste like heaven
6. It’s available in respectable supermarkets everywhere, right in the salad area.
7. If it isn’t, I have a solution. Hire some neighbors or various homeless people to come in the store and ask where they can find it. The supermarket managers will revenue the obvious revenue that they’re missing out on and pretty soon, they’ll have it. Unless they’re put off by the homeless people, in which case you won’t have broccoli slaw but you will have the potential for a supermarket soap opera.
8. I can’t believe you’re still reading this and not eating broccoli slaw already
9. If you don’t like it, you can use it for confetti on New Year’s
10. Don’t worry, you’ll like it
11. I know I promised there would be only ten, but let’s be honest, I never keep my promises and this is important: I hate broccoli. Can’t stand it. Sat at the table for hours and hours when I was little because I refused to eat it. So guess what, broccoli haters? You need to try it anyway.
Now that you’ve made your decision, here’s my favorite way to eat it: A big handful of the slaw, a little bit of your favorite vinaigrette, and a spoonful of slivered almonds. Beats chips every time.